WHAT IS AN AIR SHOWER?
APPLICATION OF CENTRIFUGAL FAN TO AIR SHOWER
I. WHAT IS AN AIR SHOWER?
Air shower, also known as air blower chamber, is a device usually installed in between a cleanroom and another room or other outside areas, in order to remove dirt, impurities, etc. when people want to go in and out of the clean zones.
II. STRUCTURE OF AIR SHOWER:
Air showers are usually designed with galvanized steel or stainless steel, coated with an anti-corrosion coating. The air nozzles will be designed to adjust the direction and are usually stainless steel. Door frames are usually made of aluminum, with additional signal lights. The emergency stop buttons are usually designed on both sides of the cabinet with a convenient fuse switch in the compartment. This system, when switched off in an emergency, will activate the door opening mode immediately. Besides that, cold chambers are equipped with signal lights to make it easier to adjust and control the number of people entering and leaving. Standard air showers will have to ensure that the diffuser and centrifugal extractor are working properly at each time according to the number of people entering and leaving. This will determine the complete purification of impurities and dirts on the body; simultaneously, this also ensures the absolute level for operating processes inside the clean room.
The air shower consists of core parts, such as:
1. Filter element:
HEPA filters will be installed to ensure the removal of dirt and impurities in the air stream passing through the exhaust fan to ensure filtration efficiency (up to 99.97%) to remove particles as small as 0.3 micrometer.
Entry and exit are designed to lock automatically. While the air shower is operating, if one door is opened, the other door will activate the lock so that both doors will not open at the same time.
3. Signal lights:
They allow process identification. Normally, the signal lights at the doors will turn red when the door is automatically locked, not allowing access. The green light is the opposite.
4. Air blower nozzles:
Air blower nozzles are installed on the top and two sides of the air shower.
5. Centrifugal fan / Shell type fan:
Centrifugal fan or shell type fan is an integral part of the air shower. It is known as a heart that keeps the air shower operating. The centrifugal fan has the function of sucking the air flow with dirt and impurities inside the air shower through the HEPA filter. The fan will start during and after the nozzle blows away dirt, impurities on people and standing objects in the air shower.
The apperance of Cuong Vinh Centrifugal fan "LS003 - HU"
- Cuong Vinh is a leading manufacturer of electric motors in Vietnam. The large-scale factory either has an area of more than 47,000 m² or is equipped with modern machinery and equipment. Its production capacity can reach over 10 million products per year. Furthermore, there is a team of professionally trained and experienced engineers with a mission to diversify products to serve many industries.
- Cuong Vinh has launched the centrifugal fan "LS003 - HU" specializing in serving the air purification industry, especially the air shower with the desire to bring our clients the best quality products manufactured in Vietnam.
- Currently, the product code "LS003 - HU" is being trusted by enterprises specializing in the production of air showers. For more details, please refer to here: Three phase Centrifugal fan LS003-HU
III. OPERATION PRINCIPLE OF AIR SHOWER:
Air shower is responsible for removing all sources of pollution such as dirt, impurities, mold, spores, dust or airborne particles. Therefore, its principle of operation focuses on creating clean air with high speed or internal air pressure, to orient the path for air flow in a closed environment, bringing air flow into the position of the air filter element.
Design of the nozzles directly affects the amount of air entering and the direction of the air flow in the air shower. As the air shower is in operation, the air flow rate is usually adjusted to a velocity of 20 - 25 m/s.
Additional information of built-in functions:
- Air showers are usually fitted with a set of indicator lights: they allow the process to be identified. Normally, the signal lights at the doors will turn red when the door is automatically locked, not allowing access. The green light is the opposite.
- Interlock system: this locking system has the function to ensure 2 doors not open at the same time, maximize the process and efficiency of the air shower. When one door is opened, the other door will automatically lock.
- While no one passes through, the air showers often automatically switch to static cleaning mode, by activating the exhaust fan at a slower mode, always ensuring the cleanliness inside the air shower and clean room.
- With some types of air showers, depending on the needs for usage, people can add laser lights and ultraviolet lights to remove and kill bacteria and germs.